Gilroy, Ca – $25-$30 per hour
JOB SUMMARY: Assists and supports Marketing Administrative Manager to coordinate marketing communications programs and activities, including trade shows and special events, website design and maintenance, PR & social media, print & digital promotions, image procurement and library maintenance as well as advertising, according to goals and commitments of the Sales & Marketing department and the company. Provides administrative support as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Grow market knowledge for all key species to provide input creative ideas and concepts for increasing sales.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, charity events, trade shows, sales and marketing meetings. Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and budgets.
- Assist in website design and maintenance
- Keep an inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials
- Implement social media strategy
- Assist with PR – both externally and internally
- Assists with literature development and presentations
- Assist in selection and ordering of promotional logo/non-logo materials for events
- Process incoming marketing communications invoices, request for payments and purchase prior approvals.
- CRM development and maintenance
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing communications
- Strong sense of initiative and accountability and the ability to organize and handle multiple projects
- A creative, strategic and conceptual thinker, able to translate concepts into practice.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be decisive, result-oriented, and innovative.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel. Basic photo editing skills are a plus
- An undergraduate college degree in event management, advertising, marketing, communications, or another related course of study or its equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum two years Sales & Marketing experience desirable, preferably in seed, ornamentals, produce or related industry.
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours occasionally (for events).
Must be able to travel for periods of time throughout the year.