$16 per hour
Completely cleans and sanitizes the entire processing and packaging area and all production machinery used in any given workday to ensure the entire plant is kept in a clean, neat condition.
- Correctly washes and sanitizes all processing equipment, pumps, blenders and transfer lines or production machine blocks, hoppers, feed tubes and hoses.
- Breaks down, cleans and sanitizes all filling equipment including but not limited to hoppers, feed tubes, vibrator feeders, drop tubes, filler hoppers, and augers.
- Cleans entire processing work station including tables, conveyor chains, floors, walls, air filter hoses and dust collectors, drop cards, air and electric drops, check weights, scales and wall mounted items such as fire extinguishers, sinks, soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Empties and cleans all trash receptacles in production and warehouse areas.
- Washes plastic curtains in processing rooms and production areas.
- Bales residual corrugated and stacks pallet and barrels from previous shifts if requested.
- Follows master sanitation schedule as instructed by supervisor.
- Cleans all restroom facilities.
- Washes all floors by using floor scrubbers, vacuums, air hoses and mops.
- Cleans up debris and refuse from exterior of plant.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Code of Safe Practices, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Works in a safe and accident-free manner and follows all safety procedures while maintaining a quality-oriented attitude in the workplace.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing with other employees and Supervisor/Manager.
- Experience in an industrial environment and handling sanitizing chemicals and non-toxic food products.
- Mechanical ability & training in forklift and pallet jack operation helpful.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instruction sheets provided with cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirement.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, bend & grasp while moving about the facility. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, water, chemicals, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and risk of electrical shock. Must be able to move 75 pounds repetitively. Must be able to stand for an 8-10 or 12 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks while performing repetitive work. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, safety glasses, hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists) and slip-resistant / steel-toed shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards