$15 per hour
Produce a quality product that meets company standards, customer needs and to do so in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures a proper supply of materials for tapers, fillers, box makers, labelers and other packing equipment
- Return unused supplies to the warehouse for re-stocking in a re-sealed container.
- Assure proper coding of product container and/or case and proper application of safety seal on product container
- Properly follow production schedules
- Set-up and operate Unicorn case printers or any necessary equipment to code cases
- Follow clean-up procedures
- Operate case sealing equipment
- Trained in all aspects of the production department
- Palletize cases of finished product which routinely weighs anywhere between 10 lbs to 50+ lbs from a height of four inches to a height of seven feet. Over 50 lbs. must be a two person job.
- Place required documentation on completed pallets and stretch wrap
- Responsible to use all required PPE including Cut gloves when required.
- Know, understand, and work under Company Quality Standards.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the plant area.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, GMP’s, GSO’s and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Performs other duties / responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Knowledge and ability to read, understand and communicate in the English language since most of our business and safety instructions are in English. Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic math which includes addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Knowledge and ability to keep accurate counts of product palletized and to verify counts with warehouse drivers.
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend repetitively throughout the work shift while palletizing finished product.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, hear, sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend while moving about the facility. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the plant is loud and moderate in the office. Earplugs, hairnets, beard nets (if facial hair exists), safety glasses, & slip-resistant / steel-toed shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.