Shift: 7am-3:30pm (Mon-Fri Some Saturdays & OT varies)
Pay Rate: $16-$17
This position is responsible to set up, operate, or tend machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, liquids, color pigments, or other ingredients for production activities. Responsible for managing a clean and organized work area. Ability to meet productivity demands in a fast paced ever changing work environment.
- Working the dryer beds, shuffling seeds, noting data, time, date, temp. and rotating to different dryer beds and repeating the process,
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as, chemicals, color pigments, or other ingredients.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Record operational or production data on specified forms. Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Tend to accessory equipment, such as pumps or conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
- Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Execute the production plan in your area of responsibility, safely and efficiently.
- Assist in packaging or where need as instructed by manager or supervisor.
- Observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine what, if any, maintenance is required.
- Monitor and maintain product quality in accordance with prescribed standards through in process control and inspection
- Check the accuracy of customer orders after packing (verify unit counts, proper labeling and general information).