Starting at $21-$23/Hr. – DOE
Roles and Responsibilities: As a Manual CNC Machinist, you will work with mills & lathes from setup to operation to produce parts, fixturing and program edits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read Blueprints, tooling and set up instructions and standard charts for specifications
- Set-up, edit and run all facets of work assigned
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to operators and lower level machinist as required
- Inspect and measure parts to maintain in-process controls charts
- Monitor machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls as needed
- Ensure company procedures and “best machine practices” are being followed and are always in place
- Perform machine maintenance as required
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, work instructions, routers and other documentation as needed. Ability to respond to common inquiries; ability to listen and get clarification.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of CNC Lathe and/or Mill experience
- Experience using shop tools such as and not limited to mics, depth gages, calipers, indicators, etc.
- Problem-solving abilities and safety knowledge a must
- Aptitude to work in a team environment with ability to plan and achieve goals
- Ability to work with a team, take feedback, and direction.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret drawings, work instructions, routers and other documentation as needed. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and staff; ability to listen and get clarification.