Starting Pay at $17.00 to $30.00 /hour DOE
Company located in Scotts Valley, is a working modern machine shop; providing precision components and assemblies to high technology manufacturers in Aerospace, Medical, and Scientific Industries.
Currently seeking operators and machinists, at all experience levels, for CNC Vertical Mill and Screw Machine operation and set-up.
Company is willing to provide on-the-job training to entry level applicants. Good candidates may have experience, either work or hobby, demonstrating mechanical aptitude (such as prior manufacturing experience in a related field, or working on cars/bikes/other machines as a hobby), or demonstrate a strong work ethic and interest in starting a new career path in machining.
Operator qualifications and job duties include:
- Ability to read drawings and identify part dimensions.
- Ability to inspect own work with a variety of standard measuring instruments and correct as needed to meet specifications.
- Manual parts deburring and polishing is required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and accurately track work within the company data collection system.
Candidates with more experience, including complex set-ups and programming, are encouraged to apply.
Experienced machinist qualifications include:
- Preferred 5 to 8 years CNC milling experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of blueprint reading and understanding of GD&T.
- Experience with Gibbscam (preferred) or other form of CAD cam.
- Experience with Fanuc, Siemans, and Mitsubishi controls a plus, must be able to edit code.
- Ability to work with close tolerances as tight as +/-.0001.
- Firm understanding of milling tools and ability to determine appropriate feed and speed.
- Experience maintaining machinery and work centers through preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with inspection and CMM operation or programming a plus.
Full time employment is offered, with day and swing shifts available, ability to alternate is a plus.
Position is contract to hire. Once you get hired benefits include vacation, holidays, medical, dental/vision and 401k options. Reliability and dependability are a must with the ability to work efficiently. Compensation is commensurate with experience and demonstrable performance. Avoid the commute, live where you work.
Please contact our Infinity Staffing Services, Inc., Gilroy location at 408-767-2904.