Starting at $14-$17/Hr.- DOE
Roles and Responsibilities: Grinding, engaged in grinding ceramics to specifications, applying knowledge of ceramic properties, abrasives, and grinding procedures. May also set up machines. May also train new workers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak working capability.
- Stop any machines upon discovery of a problem and make the required adjustments or ask for help as quickly as possible to minimize downtime.
- Provide quality control by inspecting workpieces as they come out of the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
- Keep all equipment running by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, including lubrication and cleaning, and scheduling repairs when needed.
- Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the scope of expected knowledge and expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of Grinding Lathe and/or Mill experience
- Proven experience setting up, operating, and programming Grinding Machines.
- Experience using shop tools such as and not limited to mics, depth gages, calipers, indicators, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Problem-solving abilities and safety knowledge a must
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to work in a team environment with ability to plan and achieve goals
- Ability to work with a team, take feedback, and direction.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret drawings, work instructions, routers and other documentation as needed. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and staff; ability to listen and get clarification.