Well-known company is in need of an Materials Manager to join their team.
- The Materials Manager must be well versed in inventory control skills as this is a key part of the job. Must be able to train others in this area and develop metrics and monitoring methods to ensure inventory accuracy. This individual must be very well versed in ERP systems as they will be a key team member on the new system implementation and will be responsible for training all the users in the Materials organization.
- The Materials Manager must ensure that there is adequate trained staff to support current and projected business volume.
- Training and development of staff is one of the major activities of this position.
- Will work with the VP of Supply chain to negotiate pricing on major purchases.
- Manages period spending to meet department budgets.
- The Materials Manager is the key person at the site responsible for managing inventory levels to ensure that working capital goals are met and that material is available as needed in production to support on-time delivery objectives.
- Works with vendors to establish consignment or stocking agreements as necessary.
- Develops key inventory stocking plans to ensure that target finished product lead times can be met regardless of cumulative lead time of manufacturing.
- Is the main point of contact for customer service and the outside sales staff (as needed) to get the status on existing raw material orders and lead times on future orders.
- Coordinates with Fairfield site to review inventory and opportunities to purchase internally rather buying direct from a vendor where possible.
- Works with the Fairfield Materials Manager to take actions necessary to reduce slow moving and obsolete products from inventory.
- Perform all duties in compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
What to do next:
- Please reply to this posting with your resume attached as a Word Document. If your resume is selected, we will contact you to schedule and internal interview so we can assess your skills and experience. APPLY TODAY!